In our constantly changing environment, if you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had. Building a strategic marketing plan is a powerful way to take a step back from implementation, review the opportunities available to your business and your products and build a 12-month roadmap of tactics that will set you apart from the competition.
In this workshop, we look at how to build a customer-focussed strategic marketing plan to pin-point your milestones to success over a 12-month period.
This programme will help participants to:
- Understand the key questions that a strategic marketing plan should answer
- Understand the value of customer and competitor insight and how to develop actionable insights to guide your plan
- Conduct a market analysis and identify the barriers and drivers to success
- Learn how to build a customer buying journey and how to identify the most valuable customers
- Develop a customer-focussed strategy and customer engagement plans
- Develop core messages and winning tactics to engage with your key customers
- Identify the key metrics to review and measure to keep your plans on track
Who should attend?
This practical course is suitable for new or experienced marketing professionals who are looking for a guided framework to build a strategic marketing plan from start to finish.
A very practical, interactive two-day session ideally for a maximum group size of 12. There are lots of different activities throughout the day where participants will work with their own examples to build a strategic marketing plan that can be taken back to their business and implemented immediately.
The majority of the training we deliver is either tailored or completely bespoke. This workshop can therefore be delivered entirely as advertised, or it can be tailored to your particular requirements, or we can simply take it as a starting point for a conversation with you before we draft a completely bespoke programme for you – the choice is yours.
Marie is a highly experienced commercial training and coaching expert with over 25years experience in sales & marketing leadership, capability building and coaching within the pharmaceutical sector.
Delivering training for purpose is Marie's passion, where her aim is to engage and energise her clients, helping them to build the learning mindset, skills and behaviours required to achieve their goals at an individual, team or organisation level.
Combining her commercial knowledge with her training, mentoring and coaching skills, Marie is an agile workshop facilitator who will confidently lead delegates from apprentice to C-Suite level through a clear and memorable learning journey that can be implemented immediately with actionable success measurements when they return to their desks.
1 Situational Analysis
- Introduction to situational analysis
- Market and competitor analysis and insight generation.
- Understanding the customer buying journey.
- How to segment customers to identify your most valuable customer opportunity.
- Identifying the barriers and drivers to your success.
- Introduction to strategy.
- How to build strategic imperatives and SMART objectives.
- How Brand vision and positioning drives customer focus.
- A guide to building key message themes.
3 Tactics, messaging and measurement
- Introduction to building customer-focussed tactics.
- How to build a customer-engagement plan.
- How to build key messages and a customer-focussed tactical plan.
- A practical guide to developing key metrics to review success and keep your plans on track.
4 Actionable Outcomes
- Throughout the programme we will use your product examples to build your plan.
- You will learn best practice examples of strategic planning.
- You will discover the market and customer opportunities to strengthen your competitive edge.
- You will create a strategic plan that can be implemented immediately within your business.
- You will understand how to create compelling marketing messages to reach the right customer at the right time.
- You will receive immediate feedback on your strategic marketing plan.
- You will have the opportunity to share common issues and solutions with fellow marketing delegates